[afro-nets] Durham University International Junior Post-Doc Fellowship

Dear Afro-nets colleagues

Durham University is now accepting applications from eligible individuals for 2
year post-doctoral fellowships in any research subject area covered by the
University. Full details of the scheme, including eligibility requirements, are
available from this link https://www.dur.ac.uk/ias/diferens/junior/

The deadline for applications is Friday December 4th 2015

The scheme is quite competitive and regards certain criteria to be fulfilled to
ensure eligibility. Please read this guide to eligibility first before
embarking on writing a project proposals:
https://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/ias/cofund/EligibilityFlowchart.pdf

For eligible candidates,  I would like to draw your attention to the 'further
particulars' document:
https://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/ias/cofund/junior/JuniorResearchFellowshipsFurtherParticularsD2Round1.pdf

And here is the FAQ:
https://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/ias/cofund/junior/FrequentlyAskedQuestions_ApplicantsD2Round2.pdf

Applicants are required to submit a research proposal as indicated in the
particulars. Successful applicants will receive 2 years support. Starting
salaries will be in the range £31,342 - £35,256 p.a. Up to Euros 7K per annum
will be available for research expenses.

Each prospective candidate must locate a suitable mentor in the University
prior to submission of a proposal. I am available to mentor applications in
various areas of global health (see my web-profile for further details), and
would welcome enquiries from eligible persons interested in the scheme.  Please
direct any questions about eligibility to the scheme administrators.

Best wishes

Mark Booth PhD
Senior Lecturer
School of Medicine, Pharmacy and Health