[afro-nets] International Primary Health Care Conference (Toronto, June 2011)

Community Health Centres: Acting today, shaping tomorrow will be bringing
together over 1000 participants from around the world to explore innovations
and future planning of community-oriented primary health care. The conference
is co-hosted by the Association of Ontario Health Centres (Canada); the
Canadian Alliance of Community Health Centres; and the US National Association
of Community Health Centers (Washington, D.C.).  The  Conference Program (now
95% finalized) cxan be had from the address above. In it you will, I believe,
find a great deal of crossover with themes, speakers and priorities that are
shared by the People's Health Movement. I would draw your attention, in
particular, to a keynote from Professor Jan de Maeseneer on June 9th, as well
as Workshops A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2 which are all focused on global
dimensions of the community-oriented primary health care movement.

If you are able to share information about the conference, the main weblink
that we would like to share with international colleagues, via the CACHCA
Website, is: http://www.cachca.ca/news/news.html

 We would also like to determine how to effectively use the June Conference as
a way to build momentum for the July 2012 People's Health Assembly in Cape Town.

--
Scott A. Wolfe
Federal/Provincial Coordinator - Canadian Alliance of Community Health