[afro-nets] NGOs and health systems strengthening (or weakening) (7)

I'd like to through another idea in there that I've been thinking about for
some time.  I am not sure children die for any of the reasons we think, but
because parents are so used to children under 5 dieing as they have for
hundreds of years that they do not invest as much in food and resources as they
expect there to be many deaths before 5 and if they live to age 5, they begin
that investment as they expect them to live to adulthood and to support their
parents when the parents are old.

Best regards,

Sandra

--
Sandra Basgall
Regional Technical Adviser for Monitoring and Evaluation

MAIL ADDRESS:
228 West Lexington Street
Baltimore, MD 21201-3413

Tel: +243-819-505-911