[afro-nets] Invitation to the 11th Annual Counselling Conference, Nairobi, Kenya

11th Annual Counselling Conference
Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya
7th - 9th September 2010

Conference Theme - Issues Facing the Family and the Counselling Response

We are extending an invitation to all interested to participate in the 11th
annual counselling conference to be held on 7th - 9th September 2010 at the
Safari Park Hotel - Nairobi, Kenya.

Families are facing many challenges in their lives; some of them traumatic. We
know that there are serious family issues like child abuse (sexually,
physically and emotionally), divorce and separation, substance abuse, the
HIV/AIDS pandemic, terminal illnesses, loss and bereavement, sexuality issues,
domestic violence to contend with everyday within the family.

The conference aims to bring people from various backgrounds and regions to
meet and share knowledge, skills, ideas, research findings related to the
counselling responses to these issues facing the family. The conference will
combine a mixture of workshops given by international experts, presentations
and round table discussions, with the aim of increasing professional
development in dealing with family issues.

Practitioners, counsellors and researchers in this field have a valuable
contribution to offer through alerting us to the work that is currently being
done, both nationally and internationally, and the aim of this conference is to
give these efforts a voice. We therefore invite abstract submissions from
people who would like to make presentations.

>From the website (www.kapc.or.ke), you will find the conference flyer, the
>abstract form for those submitting presentations and the registration form.
>The conference registration fee is Kshs 8,500 per person for Kenyans, Kshs
>10,000 for East African participants and US$350 for international
>participants. This does not include accommodation costs.

Should you require further information, do not hesitate to contact the
Conference Secretary on the  email: conference@kapc.or.ke
<mailto:conference@kapc.or.ke>  or  annen@kapc.or.ke <mailto:annen@kapc.or.ke>

The deadline for submission of abstracts is July 30, 2010.

Anne Njenga
Conference Secretary
mailto:akamau@kapc.or.ke