[afro-nets] Meeting the information needs of healthcare providers in Haiti

[Forwarded from HIFA2015; 14 Jan 2010]
[Note from HIFA2015 moderator: The message below is forwarded on  behalf of the
Hesperian Foundation, publisher of 'Where there is no Doctor', in response to
the earthquake in Haiti. With thanks, Neil PW]

In the face of the devastating earthquake
[http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1242885/Haiti-earthquake-Victims-forced-dig-rubble-bare-hands-free-surivors.html]
 in Haiti, we urge everyone to forward and distribute the following health
materials in Haitian Creole and English to every relief worker, resident, and
traveler already in or leaving for Haiti.
*Materials available in Haitian Creole:* Here is a link to a pdf of the the
Haitian Creole edition of _Where  There is No Doctor_: [Note this is a large
file - 23Mb. Neil PW]
http://www.hesperian.info/assets/Where_There_is_no_Doctor_Creole.pdf
Also available as a printed book from 4 The World Resource Distributers:
www.4WRD.org; Tel: 417-862-4448, Fax: 417-863-9994, orders@4wrd.org
Link to a pdf of the Haitian Creole edition of _Where Women Have No Doctor_:
[8.8Mb]
http://www.hesperian.info/assets/hesperian_wwhnd_haitian%20creole_2000.pdf
Link to a pdf of the Haitian Creole edition of Sanitation and Cleanliness
booklet: [3Mb]
http://www.hesperian.info/assets/PDF%20Kreyol%20sanitation%20book-1.pdf;
produced by our partners _SOIL (Sustainable Organic Integrated Livelihoods)
[www.oursoil.org]
Link to a pdf of a cholera fact sheet in English:
http://www.hesperian.info/assets/environmental/Cholera_EN.pdf
All of the above and other health materials in English and Spanish can be
downloaded here: http://www.hesperian.org/publications_download.php
Hesperian expresses our deepest sympathies to those who have been directly and
indirectly affected by this disaster. Natural disasters are made worse by our
very human-made systems that impoverish people and deny their right to health.
As we encourage you to donate to the relief effort, Hesperian recommends these
organizations which have redoubled their work in Haiti to address this most
recent catastrophe:
Haiti Action Network, Haiti Emergency Relief Fund
[http://www.haitiaction.net/About/HERF/HERF.html]
Partners in Health [http://www.pih.org/home.html]
Grassroots International, Earthquake Relief Fund for Haiti
[http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=mNnu8Ax2X425nPu%2F5x%2Fa3YwyBOd8buAA];
 1919 Addison Street  Suite 304, Berkeley, CA 94704 US
HIFA2015: Healthcare Information For All by 2015
www.hifa2015.org
With thanks to our 2010 Sponsors: British Medical Association,
ePORTUGUESe/World Health Organization, Network for Information and Digital
Access

--
Annie Kearns
mailto:annie@healthnet.org