[afro-nets] Rwanda Quality of Life Centre

You will not get surprised for I am familiar with our e-group.
I am a young doctor and investigator in quality of life and health-related
quality of life and based in Rwanda.
I would like to present you in brief terms our organisation "RWANDA QUALITY OF
LIFE CENTRE"

WHAT ABOUT IT?

Rwanda Quality of Life Centre, a very young organization in the country and the
region, was launched on April 1, 2004. The idea came from Dr Alex Hakuzimana.
He begged his colleagues� support and these did not hesitate to reinforce his
project. With no delay, the young doctors, most of them if not all being of the
same class within the National University of Rwanda Faculty of Medicine got at
once into act. Being aware of the trend society is facing with regard to their
health care in particular and their development in general, the class, with
their well known historical devotion and convinced will, decided to create the
organization.

Working in network with organizations, institutions, and individuals
specialized in health-related quality of life field, Rwanda Quality of Life
Centre has the key goal of promoting health and quality of life in the region.

OUR MISSION

Our mission is to promote quality of life of Rwandans and their neighbors in
general and of chronically ill people in particular by disseminating
information about quality of life throughout the country, the region, the
continent and over the world and enhancing quality of life research.

OBJECTIVES

The goal of the Centre is to serve society and its members by:
A.    Increasing awareness of and helping provide solutions to safety and
health hazards within the Rwandan society through cooperation with various
other quality of life associations.
B.    Promoting research on QOL by encouraging especially young investigators
to get actively involved in the matter;
C.    Translating QOL instruments from foreign languages into local languages ;
D.    Promoting and facilitating professional and scientific exchanges as well
as projects and extracurricular healthcare professionals, thereby sensitizing
them to the importance of the quality of life in the development of the society
;
E.    Providing a link between members, quality of life associations and
international organizations, and to encourage the cooperation between them for
the ultimate benefit of society.

NATURE

The centre is an independent and not for profit organization of volunteers
willing to help society promote their quality of life.

PRINCIPLES

The Centre:
I.    pursues its aims without political, religious, social, racial, national,
sexual or any other discrimination;
II.    promotes humanitarian ideals among its members;
III.    respects the autonomy of its members

NB: Some of our activities can be found on our website
http://www.mangosee.com/mangosteen/rwqol/rwqolhome.htm.
So do not hesitate to contact us for more information and your feedback is
welcome. Moreover, as obvious, no scientific work can succeed without network,
collaboration, communication and   partnership.

So, I would like to tell to anyone who will feel interested in  our activities
to contact Dr Alex Hakuzimana, via emails  claulex20@yahoo.co.uk or
alexhak75@gmail.com or our European contact Anthony England, PhD, via the
england@mangosee.com.

We would like to promote health-related quality of life and patient-reported
outcomes research in Africa and need any support of its nature.

And international organisations experienced in the domain and let us mention
the International Society for Quality of Life Research (ISOQOL), the
International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR), MAPI
Values, and International Society for Quality of Life Studies (ISQOLS) have
been encouraging such project.

So I invite you all interested and enthusiastic to join the Rwandan team.

Kind regards.

On behalf of Rwanda Quality of Life Centre
Dr Alex Hakuzimana
MSc Student in Human Resources Management
Swiss Management Center
Zug, Switzerland
Phone: +250 08570008 (Rwanda)
mailto:claulex20@yahoo.co.uk