[afro-nets] Uganda HIV/AIDS Sero-Behavioural Survey

Uganda HIV/AIDS Sero-Behavioural Survey
---------------------------------------

Is anyone aware of any analysis of the recently released Uganda HIV/AIDS
Sero-Behavioural Survey 2004-05? For example, is there any comparison between
this survey and previous national surveys, such as the DHS?

I have received a couple helpful replies from the Partners-Uganda email list,
but was hoping subscribers to this list might also have some insights.

I am particularly interested in what this new survey might tell us about
changes in sexual behavior, broadly speaking, over the last decade or so.

I have seen a few newspaper articles discussing the findings but not much else.
The main surprise seems to be that HIV-prevalence is somewhat higher than
expected. Also that women under 35 are significantly more likely to be
HIV-positive than men of the same age.

Any help would be appreciated.

The final report can be found here:
http://www.measuredhs.com/pubs/pub_details.cfm?ID=580&ctry_id=44&SrvyTp=country