[afro-nets] Life Skills and Leadership Training

Life Skills and Leadership Training
-----------------------------------

Dear All,

This is to announce 2006 Life Skills and Leadership Training organized by
Lifebuilders in Partnership with Olashore International School Iloko Ijesa.
This year?s program will take place at the school campus of Olashore
International School Iloko-Ijesa, Osun State, to engage 200 participants. This
program has been developed in response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic and other
social economic development needs. Of the 5% national prevalence rate of
HIV/AIDS, almost 50% of the 4 million people are young people.

The training reaches youths aged 13-20, with view to engage Nigerian youths.
The training leaves each participant with the following skills:
* Risk avoidance
* Assertive communication
* Refusal skills
* Negotiation skills
* Goal setting skills
* Problem solving skills
* Practical Life Skills
* Cultural Awareness
* Environmental Awareness
* An introduction to further education.

The training week also includes an excursion to Ikogusi Waterfall and Olumirin
Waterfall with relevance to environmental education.

We have estimated that a cost of #25,000 per student is needed to meet the cost
of tuition, accommodation, feeding, and educational resources this year. We
also request you to pay the cost of their transportation and modest pocket
money (we recommend no more than #2000).