[afro-nets] Is elimination of malaria in Africa by 2010unrealistic? (13)

Is elimination of malaria in Africa by 2010unrealistic? (13)

Hi Peter,

Sorry for me being so pessimistic. I saw your proposal and strategy using
spraying and fogging with aeroplanes...very interesting. I know you always
insist on cost-effective, evidence-based strategies and I was wondering if you
could send me some documents supporting your strategy (both for urban and non
urban settings in areas with similar highly-effective vectors). If you want
more information on cost-effectiveness of the more "traditional" interventions
such as IRS, LLITNs, larviciding, and effective treatment, please let me know.

Thanks

Bruno
Somalia Malaria Technical Coordinator
mailto:somalia.mtc@merlin-eastafrica.org