[afro-nets] Deadly malaria parasite's Achilles heel (2)

Deadly malaria parasite's Achilles heel (2)

This is a great work from University of California - San Diego.
It is my belief that functional genomics will create a great
avenue for not only understanding the parasite biochemistry and
process but also an avenue for drug development. Proteins are
encoded by genes and play the most crucial role in change of
parasite phenotypes such as drug resistance. If we can pursue
adequate understanding of genes and protein functions with an
objective of disrupting functions of proteins involved in para-
site viability, then drugs will be readily available. I hope
this could be one great avenue.

Owino Vincent
mailto:vowino@icipe.org