Submission to "art'ishake" (arts and MDGs journal)
Deadline Nov. 1st
Arts for Global Development, Inc. (Art4Development.Net), in con-
junction with the international arts coalition, ActALIVE, is
pleased to announce the debut of a new arts journal called
"art'ishake", which will focus on the Millennium Development
Goals (MDGs), youth empowerment, peace-building and conflict
resolution, cultural heritage and diversity, "edutainment" to
address HIV/AIDS, and much more.
We welcome submissions of all kinds: essays, research, projects,
events, artwork, poetry, scripts, news, and related material.
Please read more about "art'ishake" below, and see more about
the journal at http://www.art4development.net/home.html
For more information on "art'ishake", see below, and to submit
Call for Submissions: Deadline November 01, 2005
- art'ishake welcomes participants to submit papers, articles,
news, images of artworks, and announcements on arts and develop-
- art'ishake is a brand new publication intending to address in-
terdisciplinary and inter-sectoral issues in tandem with arts
and development. The purpose of art'ishake is to provide an
open, collaborative, and learning approach to creativity and de-
velopment, to share experiences and views from different per-
spectives, present 'how-to's' through the exchange of best-
practice examples, inspire, and add 'knowledge-based' value to
the positive-creative change process!
- art'ishake would like to invite individuals and organizations
to share and explore together the value created, and help in-
spire each other particularly to address the needs of our global
society and overcome the challenges of underdevelopment.
- art'ishake aims to provide an outlet for interdisciplinary and
international exploration of the concepts and practices of crea-
tive and arts-infused development projects.
- News, Experiences, Events, Projects, and Opinions on Millen-
nium Development Goals [MDGs], in particular as these relate to
the arts and to creativity.
- Research and white-papers on arts, human development, as well
as the impact within the local, national, and international com-
munity [Theoretical, methodological, economic, international and
intercultural approaches to and perspectives on arts and devel-
opment, and more]
- Auto-story by artists who create artworks and/or conduct work-
shops aiming for social impact, particularly those that relate
- Auto-story by non-profit and/or for-profit organizations who
utilize arts to create change and improve community
- Announcements on support material and partnership opportuni-
ties such as funding possibilities, awards, grants, fellowships,
cause-related arts exhibitions and benefit events, workshops,
trainings, publications, etc.
- Artworks and brief concept paragraphs [images of any type and
style of artworks/photographs, paintings, cartoon, 3D... Please
mention the material used, titles, purpose/theme]
- Poetry, scripts, and short stories [max. 1200 words] related
to arts and MDGs, cultural heritage and diversity; youth empow-
erment, conflict resolution and peace building, and more.
art'ishake is developed by Arts For Global Development, Inc
[Art4Development.Net], in partnership with ActALIVE, an interna-
tional arts coalition whose members use the arts and media to
address HIV/AIDS and development (http://www.actalive.org).
If you are interested in submitting material and/or becoming a
contributing partner contact us: