[afro-nets] The neglected epidemic: Chronic Diseases (2)

The neglected epidemic: Chronic Diseases (2)

Dear Leela,

I can't agree more than what you have said, myself being a cli-
nician working in a developing country context trained in epide-
miology! Much as infectious disease is a problem in these coun-
tries the very same countries are now facing an epidemiologic
transition to chronic diseases "an double edged sword" which
could be avoided. I have just published an article on the very
same at http://www.heratacademy.org/newsletter/4/3.pdf

This is a case scenario in our situation in Tanzania using hos-
pital collected data.

Redempta Mbatia [MD, MSc EPI(LON), DLSHTM]
Moshi, Tanzania
mailto:gfa.moshi@iwayafrica.com