CME - Eyes on International Collaboration: Promoting Health from
Campus to Lab to Field
2-3 April, 2005
This CME educational conference will likely be of interest to
many people on this e-mail list.
Unite For Sight Second Annual International Conference "Eyes on
International Collaboration: Promoting Health from Campus to Lab
Unite For Sight is pleased to invite you to attend an exciting
international conference for health professional students, doc-
tors, professors, public health professionals, nurses, patients,
philanthropists, volunteers, and leaders in ophthalmology, pub-
lic health, academia, corporations, and policy.
CME Credits - This educational activity has been designated for
a maximum of 11 hours of Category I Credit toward the AMA Physi-
cian's Recognition Award
* Register at
**Reduced Rate (US$ 35) Available Until February 15.
Community Experiences: Improving Health for the Medically Under-
* "Global Health", Dr. Barry Bloom, PhD
* "Impossible Dreams - The First Ascent of the East Face of Mt.
Everest and Eradicating Blindness in Mountainous Asia", Dr.
Geoffrey Tabin, MD
* "Eye Diseases and Community Experiences in Tanzania", Dr.
Muhsin Sheriff, MD, MPH
* "Health Care for the Homeless in Boston", Dr. James O'Connell,
The Role of Research to Improve Health
* "Compassion, Knowledge, and Advanced Ophthalmic Technologies",
Dr. Dimitri Azar, MD
* "Advances in Corneal Transplantation", Dr. Shachar Tauber, MD
* "Optic Neuro-Prevention - A Strategy to Eradicate Glaucoma
Blindness", Dr. Louis Pasquale, MD
* "Stem Cells to the Retinal Rescue", Dr. Michael J. Young, PhD
* "The Role of Household Drinking Water Treatment Technologies
and Safe Water Storage in Preventing Blindness in the Developing
World", Ms. Susan Murcott, M.S.
Epidemiology and The Economic Perspective on Health Improvement
* "Economic Tools: How to Use Them and What They Can Reveal
About Blindness Prevention", Dr. Kevin Frick, PhD
* "The Role of Economics in Improving Health Outcomes", Heidi
* "An Update on Ocular Leprosy," Dr. Ebenezer Daniel, M.B.B.S.,
M.S., D.O.,M.P.H., M.A.M.S.
* "Unite For Sight in Nepal - A Documentary," Mr. Ganesh Subedi
* "Utilizing Service Learning to Enhance Public Health in West
Africa," Ms. Brighid O'Donnell
* "Eye Health in Nigeria", Dr. Rotimi Bajulaiye, MD
* "Eye Health in India", Dr. Santanu Sanyal, MBBS, MHS
* "Glaucoma, A National Eye Health Problem in Romania," Ms.
Madaline Prochipriuc, MD
* "Grassroots Optometry," Dr. Erik Weissberg, OD
* "Adaptive Technology for the Sight-Impaired," Dr. Sethuraman
(Panch) Panchanathan, PhD
* "Our Health is Our Only Wealth: The Story of Lok Swasthya
Sewa, a Model Health Cooperative in Ahmedabad, India", Dr. Chi-
rag Shah, MD, MPH
* "A Successful Model for Comprehensive Eye Care Coverage in the
Developing World: The Case of LV Prasad Eye Institute", Mr. Ro-
* "Youth Mobilization and Our Participation in National Policy
Processes", Ms. Neema Mgana
* "Eye Health in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania", Ms. Sally Ong
* "Upgrading Eye Health Care Strategies in Rural Tanzania", Mr.
* "Cataract Surgeries in Humjibre and Buduburam Refugee Camp,
Ghana", Ms. Silvia Odorcic
* "Letters from Camp: A First Person Account of the Refugee Camp
at Buduburam, Ghana," Valda Boyd Ford, MPH, MS, RN
* "Eyeglasses for Children in China", Ms. Shawna Novak
* "UNESCO Observatory of Visual Health Services--Central Amer-
ica," Dr. Janet Leasher, OD, MPH
Joint Sponsorship & Accreditation Statement
This continuing medical education activity is jointly sponsored
by The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary and Unite For Sight and
has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essen-
tial Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Con-
tinuing Medical Education. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary is
accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education
This educational activity has been designated for a maximum of
11 hours of Category I Credit toward the AMA Physician's Recog-