[afro-nets] RFI: ASE Constructs

RFI: ASE Constructs
-------------------

I am developing a questionnaire based on the ASE model. I would
like to measure attitudes, self efficacy and social influence on
the scales shown on the outline below. How do I calculate Cron-
bach's alpha (inter-item correlation) for these constructs? Us-
ing Epi Info or Stata?

Outcome Expectation

-2 Strongly Disagree
-1 Disagree
0  Don't know
1  Agree
2  Strong Agree

Mosquito net prevent malaria
Mosquito kill other household pests
Mosquito net are good for pregnant women
Mosquito nets prevent illness in under fives

Self Efficacy

-1 Very Uncertain
-2 Uncertain
0  Not Sure
1  Certain
2  Very Certain

How sure are you that you will ITN all year round
How sure are you that you will buy ITN in next 2 months
How sure are you that you will retreat your net
How sure are you that under five/ pregnant mothers will sleep
under a net.

Social Influence

0 No Support
1 Little Support
2 Some Support
3 Strong Support
4 Very Strong Support

How much support do you have from your family to get mosquito
nets
How much support do you get from your friends to get mosquito
nets
How much support from Councillor
How much support from neighbours
Do your friends have mosquito nets