[afro-nets] Directory of Associations of People Living with HIV/AIDS (2)

Directory of Associations of People Living with HIV/AIDS (2)

Dear Janet Feldman,

On Behalf of Save The Aids Orphans Uganda (STAO) and on my own
behalf, I am writing to introduce to you Save The Aids Orphans
Uganda. STAO started its activities in 1997 with the aim of ad-
dressing the plight of orphans and widows affected by the AIDS
scourge. To date STAO-Uganda is a duly registered community
based organisation whose mission and mandate is to uphold the
sanctity of human life by endeavouring to meet their physical
spiritual and emotional needs to the orphaned children facing
welfare problems.

STAO-Uganda has its permanent offices located in Jinja district.
Like most parts of Uganda, this area has been hit hard by the
AIDS scourge resulting in enormous number of orphans and help-
less widows. STAO-Uganda is therefore striving to contribute to-
wards orphans education, rural HIV/AIDS awareness ,widows empow-
erment and general community training (skills) using participa-
tory appraisal methods. This involves the provision of community
based management skills and enhancement of women's ability to
run income generating projects. STAO-Uganda works in close col-
laboration with community leaders and other community based Or-
ganisations and NGO's.

In order to achieve these objectives STAO-Uganda has adopted an
integrated approach to the problem. Specifically STAO-Uganda un-
dertakes the following programs:
* Orphan's education
* Widow's empowerment
* General community training
* Rural HIV/AIDS awareness
* Mobile clinic and evangelism.

I am interested in knowing more about you and if you can come in
and visit us. Please visit us at http://www.stao-uganda.org

We shall be grateful to answer any question of your interest and
working with you.

Yours in Service,
Pastor Nelson Lufafa and Staff
mailto:stao_uganda@yahoo.com