[afro-nets] ICW job adverts

ICW job adverts
---------------

The International Community of Women Living with HIV/AIDS (ICW)
is looking to appoint a Southern Africa Regional Coordinator
based in Southern Africa

Closing date for applications: February 4, 2004

This will be the first post of its kind for ICW. Located in
Southern Africa, wherever the selected candidate is based, this
is a senior, full-time paid position.

The Regional Coordinator will ensure the development of a
strong, dynamic and active ICW network in the region, with the
capacity to fully involve members in the work of the wider ICW.

This will include: increasing communications with ICW members in
Southern Africa, and with the ICW global network including the
International Support Office based in the UK; increasing the
voice of HIV positive women from the region in support, treat-
ment and advocacy initiatives; developing and piloting a trans-
parent and accountable system of electing HIV positive women as
ICW representatives; and developing strong links with local and
national networks of HIV positive women in the region.

The contract is initially for six months, with the expectation
it will be renewed at the end of the period.

A job description and application form can be downloaded from
the website:
http://www.icw.org
or requested from mailto:jobs@icw.org

Applications should be sent to
Fiona Hale
mailto:fionah@icw.org
and copied to
Lynde Francis
mailto:centre2@africaonline.co.zw
by the closing date, marked ICWSARC for reference.

--
UK Job

The International Community of Women living with HIV/AIDS (ICW),
is looking to appoint a Fundraising Officer £25,245 - £27,420,
based in our International Support Office in London N1.

Closing date for applications: February 4, 2004

We are seeking to recruit an energetic Fundraising Officer with
good direct marketing skills, who will formulate and implement
an individual giving strategy and trust fundraising development
plan. The post-holder will also need a good eye for other oppor-
tunities, as well as a willingness to work on grant applications
to NGO and Government donors. The main aim of the post is to di-
versify ICW's funding base, and to ensure our financial sustain-
ability as we grow and develop new areas of work related to in-
ternational development, HIV/AIDS and gender.

The job description and application form can be found on our
website:
http://www.icw.org
or by contacting us on mailto:jobs@icw.org

Applications should be sent to
Fiona Hale
mailto:fionah@icw.org
by the closing date, marked ICWFO for reference.