[afro-nets] Supercourse Newsletter, January 8, 2004

Supercourse Newsletter, January 8, 2004
---------------------------------------

http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/index.htm

Dear Friends,

Open House, and Training in Epidemiology

We are very pleased that so many of you have expressed an inter-
est in collaborating with us in the area of global health and
the Supercourse. It is quite exciting.

The approach that we are using to recruit for training also ap-
pears to be successful. We are recruiting for our university,
but also for our field (Epidemiology). If you have any questions
about epidemiology we will direct you. Also, if we do not have a
specific program in Pittsburgh, or a weak program I will tell
you. I will you find programs other than Pittsburgh which might
be better for you.

We wanted to notify you about the following:

The next Graduate School of Public Health (GSPH) Open House for
prospective students is scheduled for January 12, 2004 from 10
AM until 2:30 PM. There will be an Information Marketplace from
11 until noon in the first floor lounge, and departments will
host individual sessions with faculty and student representa-
tives from noon until 1:30. Pizza lunch will be served at dept
sessions.

Please see the GSPH web site for additional information:
http://www.publichealth.pitt.edu/

We would love to have you come to visit our epidemiology program
as well as all of our other programs.

If you are interested, or if you know of students who are inter-
ested, please have them contact:

Ronald E. LaPorte, Ph.D.
Director, Disease Monitoring and Telecommunications
WHO Collaborating Center
Graduate School of Public Health
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15090, USA