AFRO-NETS> WHO and ARV access (5)

WHO and ARV access (5)
----------------------

Hi all,

I totally agree with Dr. Sonera; incidentally few have realised the
negative impact disbelieve in efficacy of ARVS and stigma plays in
uptake of ARVs. Our experience in Cameroon shows that because of
stigma - patients are ashamed to come in for refills - they cannot
inform relatives who otherwise would have helped financially -
prevents the patient from even getting to know his/her status before
treatment.

Kenneth Muko (B.Pharm,MPH)
Inter Care/Njinikom Project Hope
P.O Box 16 Njinikom