AFRO-NETS> Comments to AFRO-NETS messages (2)

Comments to AFRO-NETS messages (2)
----------------------------------

Dear Maija and All,

Hello and great to see this posting! And what a fantastic idea, which
I do believe has been tried in Kenya in terms of condom messages (I
think there was a Plus News posting on this subject a couple years
ago, and will re-post if I can find it). I also know that there is a
rich decorating tradition from Haiti to Pakistan to Kenya and now
Mali of various types of transport vehicles -- usually buses, trucks,
and taxis -- though don't know how much of that has a health-related
message (except this example in Kenya and Mali). But it is certainly
something worth exploring and pursuing, and I will forward this also
to a couple other arts-related listservs -- ActALIVE and Art4Develop-
ment (the former being one I have created for artists and advocates
who utilize the arts to address HIV/AIDS, and the latter focusing on
arts as a vehicle for social change) -- as there might be some artis-
tic spark ignited there as well for this excellent suggestion.

With many thanks and here's hoping that we can all "keep on truckin'"
while "car-rying" these creative messages to any venue where they
will be seen and be helpful.

All best wishes,

Janet Feldman
Director/Founder, KAIPPG/International and ActALIVE Arts Coalition
mailto:kaippg@earthlink.net