AFRO-NETS> PlusNews photo gallery (2)

PlusNews photo gallery (2)
--------------------------

Going beyond the poster collection

Dear AIDS team at IRIN

I have been learned about your search for "posters" regarding AIDS in
Africa. I cannot help on this but I would like to help in some other
way.

There is a quite large community of people around the world who are
interested in the AIDS crisis, but a far larger number of people who
are ignoring the crisis, or are turned off by scale of the crisis.

How does your program help (or how can I help with your program?) to
get the attention of the people who presently are uninterested and
unwilling to help.... and because of lack of knowledge.... are not a
political consideration of the NORTH's government leadership.

Clearly what is being done at the moment is not enough! If this was
corporate marketing we would be changing our marketing team and our
advertising agents. The current information dissemination processes
overloads those that are interested (and renders them ineffective)
and misses those who need to be informed.

Bluntly put, the development (and health and HIV-AIDS) advocacy com-
munity has spent the last twenty years very busy, but has really not
accomplished very much relative to what is needed. And a lot of what
was accomplished has been overtaken by a series of BIG events that
have put the international development and health and peace clock
back decades if not centuries.

This needs to change. I think IRIN has the information to be enor-
mously important. The question is how to get far better use from its
resources and get much more attention from those that could help to
make a difference. I think there are ways to do this. And to some ex-
tent I think I know some of them.

What might be the next step?

Sincerely

Peter Burgess
ATCnet in New York
Tel: +1-212-772-6918
Fax: +1-707-371-7805
mailto:peterb@iitc.safe-mail.net

--
Subj: AFRO-NETS> PlusNews photo gallery
Date: 7/28/2003 4:25:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time

PlusNews photo gallery
----------------------

Dear colleagues,

PlusNews needs your help! We are launching a web-based gallery of
HIV/AIDS campaign posters from around Africa and are looking for con-
tributions. If you have posters from your organisation you would like
to contribute, or photos from the field of AIDS campaign billboards,
please send them along with a short explanatory note to:
mailto:aids@irin.org.za

The photos can be either in JPG of GIF format, but need to have a
resolution of at least 300 DPI.

Best regards,
PlusNews
mailto:aids@irin.org.za