AFRO-NETS> Malawian Youth Empowered by STI/HIV Campaign

Malawian Youth Empowered by STI/HIV Campaign

Youth Alert!, a Population Services International education campaign
in Malawi, uses the message "My Life, My Future" to empower young
people to take control of their personal health in a country ravaged
by HIV/AIDS. Peer educators provide factual information and allow
students to openly discuss hopes, fears and obstacles such as sexu-
ally transmitted infections and unwanted pregnancies.

The education program is funded by the U.S. Agency for International
Development and uses school visits, a weekly radio show, an activity
booklet and educational events to get the message out about HIV/AIDS
prevention.

For more information, download (as Adobe PDF file):
http://www.psi.org/malawi.pdf

--
Karrie Carnes
mailto:Patemp@psi.org