AFRO-NETS> Condom breakage & failure (6)

Condom breakage & failure (6)
-----------------------------

Hi,

Just one small correction to your article below: NO Cardinal of
Uganda has ever been appointed to head the Uganda AIDS Commission
(UAC). The first Chairman of the UAC was a retired Anglican Bishop
(Bishop Kawuma) who died and was replaced by another retired Bishop
but this time Catholic who is the current Chairman, Bishop Haremi-
mana.

Although condoms have been widely promoted and used in Uganda (if you
look at the figures of imported condoms which stand at 65 - 80 mil-
lion condoms! per year for an adult population of just over 10 mil-
lion people. This year I understand over 150 million condoms will be
imported for use in the country. I am not aware of the Cardinal com-
ing out to support the use of condoms.

Joseph Serutoke
mailto:jserutoke@who.imul.com

--