AFRO-NETS> WHO looking for Posters on Violence and Health

WHO looking for Posters on Violence and Health

On the 3rd of October, WHO will release the World Report on Violence
and Health. This is the first comprehensive report of its kind dis-
cussing violence as a major global public health problem and calling
for more prevention efforts. The report focuses on child abuse and
neglect by caregivers, youth violence, intimate partner violence,
sexual violence, elder abuse, suicide and collective violence. Re-
lease of the Report will be followed by a year-long violence preven-
tion campaign around the world.

In the context of the global campaign WHO seeks to organize an inter-
national violence prevention poster exhibit. For this purpose we are
interested in obtaining a selection of posters that speak louder than
words about these problems. We are hoping to find posters that have
been developed by NGO's or governmental agencies from as many coun-
tries as possible covering any of the types of violence described
above. We hope that your organization may consider contributing to
this campaign through the donation of posters. If you would like to
send posters please mail them as soon as possible to me at the ad-
dress below.

Sabine van Tuyll
Department of Injuries and Violence Prevention
World Health Organization
20 avenue Appia
1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Tel: +41-22-791-3596 or 791-3342