Job Opportunity - Uganda Conference Organiser
Isis-Women's International Cross Cultural Exchange (Isis-WICCE) is
hosting the Kampala Know How Conference 2002 from 23 - 27 July 2002
in Kampala, Uganda.
At the Kampala Know How Conference 2002 women's media and information
services and their users throughout the world and in Africa in par-
ticular will share current work and commit to co-operative projects
that will be a powerful contribution to the possibility of women
throughout the world to live full lives, without violence and poverty
and with full access to their human rights.
Isis-WICCE is now hiring a Conference Manager for the period June
2001 - October 2002 to lead the process of organising the conference.
The tasks of the Conference Manager include:
* Develop and manage all aspects of the conference, from content (to-
gether with the Program Manager) to physical space to logistics
* Work together with bookkeeper to ensure spending is kept within
budget, and provide information as needed to the bookkeeper
* Work with designers
* Communicate with the conference participants
* Provide information on the progress of the preparations to fund-
raisers, to ensure up-to-date information flows
Profile of the Conference Manager:
* You are experienced in working in Africa
* You are experienced in managing groups of people, preferably inter-
* You are able to manage budgets
* You have an understanding of product presentation and promotion
* You plan activities in cooperation with your team and you set and
monitor the development timeline of your project
* You are committed to working for women's human rights
* You can communicate and write well in at least the English lan-
guage; Understanding of French and Spanish is very welcome
* Conversant with the creation and moderation of a listserve
The position is a full-time position, the payment is conform Ugandan
Full information on the conference, the organisers and the details of
employment are available through
Attn. The Director
Send mail for the `AFRO-NETS' conference to `<email@example.com>'.
Mail administrative requests to `<firstname.lastname@example.org>'.
For additional assistance, send mail to: `<email@example.com>'.