AFRO-NETS> Gay Men's Health Crisis Statement on Nevirapine (2)

Gay Men's Health Crisis Statement on Nevirapine (2)

I would also suggest that it is a mistake to try to start such a pro-
gram using government public health facilities. I would advocate that
BI should aim to start their program in countries by involving the
private sector, employers who provide maternity care, and the mission
organizations. It would be much easier for these organizations to
scale up the distribution of Nevirapine than it would be for govern-
ments to offer such a program nation wide.

Richard Laing
Associate Professor of International Health
Boston University School of Public Health
715 Albany St, T4W, Boston MA 02118 USA
Tel: +1-617 414-1444
Fax: +1-617 638-4476
mailto:richardl@bu.edu