AFRO-NETS> Resources for Primary Health Care and Other Health Programs

Resources for Primary Health Care and Other Health Programs

On behalf of NGO Networks for Health, I am very pleased to announce
that the REVISED version of our Resources for Primary Health Care and
Other Health Programs is now available. The Resources series describes
useful training manuals, reference materials, and documentation of best
practices and emerging lessons through many years of international, na-
tional, and community-based health programs. It is hoped that the se-
ries will help non-governmental and private voluntary organizations
(NGOs/PVOs) plan and strengthen health programs for women, children,
and families in developing countries. The series also includes refer-
ences that will help community-based organizations, health workers, and
policy-makers advocate for improved delivery of health information and
services.

The first edition of the Resources series documented resources for fam-
ily planning, maternal and child health, and HIV/AIDS programs. The
second edition is broken into two sections. Section I describes re-
sources available on the topic of primary health care. Section II de-
scribes newsletters and periodicals on a range of health issues, in-
cluding family planning, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, child health,
primary health care, pharmaceuticals, disabilities, and eye health. We
hope you will find this edition of Resources full of valuable informa-
tion to assist you in your work.

You can download the document as an Adobe PDF file (15pp, 258 kb) from
the Networks' website:
http://www.ngonetworks.org

click on "Publications and Presentations" and scroll to "Our Newest
Publications".

Susan Lee
NGO Networks for Health
mailto:SLee@ngonetworks.org