New website on AIDS in Nigeria/West Africa
We are pleased to introduce to AFRO-NETS members our new website:
The website, a project of Journalists Against AIDS (JAAIDS) Nigeria,
is designed to be the one-stop online resource centre to access up-
to-date information on HIV/AIDS in Nigeria and all 16 countries of
On the website, visitors will find the latest statistics on HIV/AIDS
in the following West African countries: Benin Republic, Burkina
Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Niger Republic, Cote d'Ivoire, Gabon, The Gam-
bia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mauritania, Mali, Nige-
ria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
In addition, the website contains:
- over 200 HIV-related abstracts, research reports and presentations
on HIV in the Nigerian/West African contexts;
- the entire versions of the recently-launched HIV/AIDS Emergency Ac-
tion Plan for Nigeria;
- all editions of the monthly Nigeria AIDS Bulletin since 1998;
- publications, reports and studies on media and HIV/AIDS in Africa;
- an online survey and voting engine on burning HIV/AIDS issues re-
lated to Africa;
- links to notable HIV-related websites, discussion groups and coun-
try networks, media organisations etc.
The website also hosts the Nigeria-AIDS eForum, the popular award-
winning electronic conference on HIV/AIDS in Nigeria/West Africa.
Please visit the website to access past and current messages on the
forum and familiarise yourself with discussions on HIV/AIDS in the
sub-region. All content of the website can be viewed in both French
We shall appreciate feedback from you regarding the design and con-
tent of the website and how we can improve on these.
Journalists Against AIDS (JAAIDS) Nigeria
Send mail for the `AFRO-NETS' conference to `<email@example.com>'.
Mail administrative requests to `<firstname.lastname@example.org>'.
For additional assistance, send mail to: `<email@example.com>'.