AFRO-NETS> RFI: Studies on HIV/AIDS, RH and Adolescence in South Africa

RFI: Studies on HIV/AIDS, RH and Adolescence in South Africa

The Reproductive Health Research Unit, based at Chris Hani Barag-
wanath in conjunction with the loveLife initiative and Cambridge Uni-
versity (UK) has embarked on a national study to evaluate the AIDS
epidemic, with a particular focus on the impact of the loveLife ini-
tiative. The research will be conducted over the next five years in
sites across South Africa. In preparation for this we are updating
our information on studies that have been conducted in South Africa
on HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health and adolescence. We would
appreciate feedback from researchers and organizations that have con-
ducted research in these fields, indicating the title of the study,
authors, date and availability or how to access the research results.
The following fields and key words indicate the type of study that we
would be interested in:

Main Fields/key words:

HIV/AIDS risk behaviours
Adolescence sexual and reproductive health
Teenage fertility/pregnancy
HIV risk reduction behaviours (condoms, contraception)
Interventions to promote HIV risk reduction
HIV prevalence/incidence
Ethnographic and qualitative studies of sexual behaviour, HIV/AIDS

We appreciate your assistance and look forward to your response.
Please forward all correspondence and queries to:

Jonathan James Stadler
Project Coordinator
Reproductive Health Research Unit
Chris Hani / Baragwanath Hospital