AFRO-NETS> Supercourse Newsletter, May 1st 2001

Supercourse Newsletter, May 1st 2001
------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

In this newsletter
1. Mac version of the Supercourse
2. International Health Medical Education Consortium
3. New lectures on April

http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/

1. Mac version of the Supercourse for download Ronan M Conroy, Lec-
turer in Biostatistics, Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin made fan-
tastic contributions to the Supercourse. There are many MacIntosh us-
ers especially in the field of education. The Supercourse had not of-
fered the compressed file for those Mac users. Ronan compressed the
supercourse files from the CD, and sent the compressed file to us for
the MacIntosh users. If you are a Mac user, you can download the Mac
version of the Supercourse at:

http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/assist/download.htm

--
2. International Health Medical Education Consortium

IHMEC is a consortium of faculty and health care educators dedicated
to international health education in U.S. and Canadian medical
schools and residency programs. Some of their missions are: to fa-
cilitate international educational experiences and exchanges for
medical students and residents; and to encourage the development of
courses and curricula related to international health.

They approached us for some possible collaboration because we are in
public health and they are in medicine and both are working interna-
tionally in health education. You can find their web site at:

http://www.ihmec.org/

--
3. The lectures opened on April

There are 21 lectures opened in April. All the new lectures are
listed at:
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/main/new.htm

as well. All the authors are very eager to share their best lectures
with you via the supercourse. Listed here are authors, lecture names,
and lecture URLs.

John Last
Fouling and Cleansing our Nest; Human-induced Ecological Determinants
of Disease
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2561/index.htm

Gillian Hawthorn
Outcome of Diabetic Pregnancy: Comparison of North East England with
Norway
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec1871/index.htm

Gilbert S. Omenn
The New Millennium: Values, Perceptions of Risk and the Key Roles of
Science and Technology
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec1901/index.htm

Israel Garcia
ISCHEMIC HYPOXIC ENCEPHALOPATHY: Toward a New Focus In Complete Neu-
rorehabilitation of their sequels (A Physiopathological Model) 34
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2141/index.htm

ENCEFALOPATIA HIPOXICA ISQUEMICA: Hacia un Enfoque Nuevo en la
Neurorrehabilitacion Completa de sus secuelas (Parte 2)
Part II
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2661/index.htm

Part III
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2681/index.htm

Katerina Kapi
Epilepsy in childhood
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2391/index.htm

Carlos Maria Julia
Internet & Epidemiological Surveillance
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2581/index.htm

VIGI+A Project
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2501/index.htm

Proyecto VIGI+A
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2521/index.htm

John S.Yudkin
Diabetes Mellitus and Hypertension as Major Risk Factors for the
Development of Cardiac and Renal Disease - Part I -
Part I
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2551/index.htm

Part II
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2541/index.htm

Role of Inflammation in the Macroangiopathy of Diabetes
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2591/index.htm

Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in Diabetes: Treat as
Secondary Prevention or Assess Individual Risks? - Part I -
Part I
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2601/index.htm

Part II
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2611/index.htm

Insulin for the World's Poorest Countries
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2621/index.htm

Pilar Giraldo
Leucemia mieloide cronica
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2641/index.htm

Michael Dong
Human Exposure Assessment II (8th of 10 Lectures on Toxicologic Epi-
demiology)
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2621/index.htm

Sue Lachenmayr
Charles J. Vukotich
How to be an Effective Advocate
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2671/index.htm

James J. Irrgang
Anatomy & Biomechanics of the Shoulder
Part I
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2691/index.htm

Part II
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec2701/index.htm

--
Akira, Ron, Eun, Beatriz, Fan, Faina, Benjamin, Ying, and Eugene
for the Supercourse