AFRO-NETS> IDRC Ecohealth Training Awards - Call for Proposals

IDRC Ecohealth Training Awards - Call for Proposals

Dear Colleagues,

this is a Call for Proposals for this year's Ecosystem Approaches to
Human Health Training Awards from the International Development Re-
search Centre (IDRC). We would appreciate it if you could circulate
this call to graduate students who would be interested in submitting a
research proposal.

The Training Awards are intended to encourage promising graduate stu-
dents achieve a more holistic understanding of the relationships be-
tween environment, health and development. This year's competition fo-
cuses on the study of economics in the context of ecosystem approaches
to human health, with particular emphasis on the exploration of how
economic analysis can enhance our understanding of linkages between hu-
man health and the ecosystem(s) (natural and anthropogenic environ-
ments).

Because of the emphasis on interdisciplinary research in an ecosystem
management context, we invite proposals from students in the arts, so-
cial, pure or applied sciences. Students must be citizens of developing
countries and/or Canadian citizens or landed immigrants, and must be
currently enrolled in a graduate programme at a recognised university
in Canada or in a developing country. The deadline of application is
May 31, 2001. The full text of the call can be found at:
http://www.idrc.ca/awards/ecosystem.html

and general information about the Ecosystem Approaches to Human Health
Program Initiative at:
http://www.idrc.ca/ecohealth

We would appreciate if you could circulate this call as widely as pos-
sible. If you have any further questions, please contact the Centre
Training and Awards Unit at <cta@idrc.ca>.

Sincerely,

Angela Kaida
Ecosystem Approaches to Human Health (Ecohealth)
International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
250 Albert Street
PO Box 8500
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 3H9, Canada
Tel: +1-613-236-6163 ext. 2004