AFRO-NETS> Botswana AIDS Conference Summaries and Discussion Now Available

Botswana AIDS Conference Summaries and Discussion Now Available

Dear AFRO-NETTERS,

We would like to take this opportunity to share with you some of the
exciting new developments in our electronic discussion group Pro-
CAARE, the Program for Collaboration Against AIDS and Related Epidem-
ics.

Recently, the SATELLIFE and Harvard AIDS Institute team was expanded
to include a new partner, Health and Development Networks (HDN). Over
the last four years, HDN staff has accumulated a wealth of experience
in the on-site coverage and reporting of HIV/AIDS conferences. HDN
has sent electronic reports to ProCAARE from the 1st SADC Conference
on Community Home Based Care (CHBC) held on March 5th-8th, 2001 in
Gaborone, Botswana, hosted by the Botswana Ministry of Health
AIDS/STD Unit. The theme of the conference is "Sharing Responsibili-
ties for Quality Care".

The conference is intended to provide a forum for CHBC service pro-
viders to share their experiences and strategic information on care,
as well as provide them with the opportunity to identify gaps in ca-
pacity building in the continuum of care. HDN has recruited a team of
key correspondents from South Africa, Uganda, Botswana and Ghana to
provide coverage on the conference proceedings and highlights.

We invite you to view the conference summary and post-conference dis-
cussion at
http://www.healthnet.org/programs/procaare-hma/procaare.200103/msg00000.html

If you would like to receive future broadcasts directly via e-mail,
you may subscribe to ProCAARE at:
http://www.healthnet.org/programs/procaare.html

Please do not hesitate to write to me directly:
mailto:arlene@usa.healthnet.org
if you are unable to access these sites.

Finally, from December 17-20, ProCAARE will have coverage of the
Fifth International Conference on Home and Community Care for Persons
Living with HIV/AIDS, to be held in Chiang Mai. We hope you will join
us on-line.

Sincerely,

Arlene Silva
Research Assistant,