AFRO-NETS> Food for thought for friend and foe (9)

Food for thought for friend and foe (9)
---------------------------------------

THE ROLE OF HUMAN RIGHTS IN POLITICIZING DEVELOPMENT ETHICS, DEVELOP-
MENT ASSISTANCE AND DEVELOPMENT PRAXIS

Part 9 - final

Epilogue:

60. What has been said here, is not food for cheap Internet philoso-
phers. I see this endeavor as the opening of the nth chapter of a
long-term painful struggle on these issues that desperately attempts
to horizontalize the previous more vertical dialogue on the topic. We
need you to react. Here and elsewhere.

61. We are in for an exciting new era. We need all the courage we can
muster. Wouldn't you rather become a protagonist than a bystander?

62. Tactically, I am not so sure it is so good to say all this. It
may give a tactical advantage to the 'powers that be' that are actu-
ally afraid of or fear and will oppose with all their might any move
towards politicization.

63. There is a big catch up task to be undertaken to remedy past
wrongs and making the next decade a winning decade for Human Rights.
Never be sorry to be too late.

64. It is fitting to close with another quote from the Latinamerican
writer Eduardeo Galeano who asked: What if we would start exercising
the never proclaimed Right to Dream to lead us to another, possible
world?