AFRO-NETS> RFI: MDs employed by the State and private health sector

RFI: MDs employed by the State and private health sector

I am just coming back from a West-African French-speaking country
where I was doing a mission on the private health sector.

The for-profit private sector is mainly concentrated in the capital
city (about 1 million inhabitants). It has quickly expanded since
1985 when the State stopped to systematically employ the new gradu-
ates.

The for-profit sector has now to face several problems.

Probably the most difficult is the very important competition due to
the medical doctors and nurses employed by the State and who also
work informally in the private sector. I would be very pleased if
anyone of you could share with me his/her experience on this specific
point.

Thank you,

Dr Christian Collard
mailto:ccdi@internetgabon.com