AFRO-NETS> Life Time Impregnation of Children's Clothing (4)

Life Time Impregnation of Children's Clothing (4)

Dear Torben,

I am against children's clothing being impregnated with pesticides
because I believe that children are bitten by mosquitoes more in ex-
posed areas such as legs, arms, faces, and the benefit you get by im-
pregnated clothing will not outweigh the harm. Pyrethroids, such as
deltamethrin, are known to cause skin effects/sensitization. It will
be more effective to treat bednets and curtains though.

Vera Ngowi
mailto:verangowi@yahoo.com