AFRO-NETS> Shipping Computers

Shipping Computers
------------------

Hello John,

That is wonderful, running a community learning center. THAT IS MY
SPECIALITY.

I call mine SCHOOLNET, and have built and help built such centers in
Romanian and other Eastern European countries. I have an active one
GHANA SCHOOLNET, which is running now on a Wireless Internet Network.
We used this "old" computers in all of these projects. Now my atten-
tion is to Francophone countries in Africa, and we will continue with
the same procedure of 286's to Pentium systems.

My first stop is Togo, and just had an urgent request to come down to
Mali. Well that's to project 'African SchoolNET'.

The computers have to sorted and tested before packing. Some years
past I had some students from our University who helped sort and
pack. But now they all want to be paid for the time.

It is time-consuming work as you are supposed to vacate the donor's
premises within a short time, so most computers are dumped into my
warehouse.

Now, the point is to organize sorting, packing and shipping. And
please note that Swiss is one of the most expensive countries to hire
someone to do such work. My suggestion will be to organize some of
your countrymen here to help you out.

Hear from you,

Gideon

--