Job Announcement - Policy Analyst/Advocate
Community Catalyst is a national health care advocacy support center.
We provide state-based and local advocacy groups around the country
with the tools they need to make the health care system more respon-
sive to community and consumer needs. These tools include policy
analysis, training, grassroots organizing strategies, fundraising as-
sistance and coalition-building. Areas of substantive program work
include sales, mergers and acquisitions of health care institutions,
managed care monitoring, local community health organizing, and
health benefit access for individuals. Community Catalyst conducts
its health care advocacy work in partnership with Health Care For
All, in MA, and other leading state and local consumer groups across
Policy Analyst/Advocate provides a broad range of policy analysis and
technical assistance to state and local consumer organizations. These
services include strategy assistance, assistance in designing tar-
geted community organizing efforts, training, coalition-building,
fundraising and media assistance. Joint projects with collaborating
consumer organizations include intervention in the conversion of non-
profit health care organizations to for-profit status, monitoring of
managed care, health access expansion, and community benefits cam-
This position requires interaction with a broad spectrum of people,
including grassroots community leaders, state policymakers, media and
organizing staff of health advocacy organizations. Community Catalyst
uses a staff team approach and emphasizes strong collaboration with
our state and local partner organizations. This position requires the
* provide and coordinate strategic planning, organizing and policy
consultation services to specific state and local organizations;
* assist in designing public education and training materials and
conducting training for collaborating state/local groups;
* conduct policy research and prepare materials for state and local
* prepare and deliver both oral and written testimony;
* communicate with policymakers and the media, and
* function as program team member assisting with program design, pro-
posal development and planning.
* Health policy experience;
* Experience in public interest advocacy work;
* Community organizing experience, including grassroots and coali-
* Ability to grasp and analyze substantive, often complex, health
policy and political information;
* Strong teaching skills including ability to communicate substantive
information in accessible ways;
* Well-developed writing and analytical skills;
* Communication skills including public speaking, training and inter-
* Ability to work collaboratively with diverse people;
* Ability to manage several projects at once and respond to tight
* Ability to travel required;
* Bilingual/bicultural background a strong plus.
Competitive salary, full health and disability, retirement contribu-
Deadline: Open until filled
Send resume and cover letter:
30 Winter Street, 10th Floor,
Boston MA 02108, USA
Community Catalyst is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Em-
ployer- People of colour and women are strongly urged to apply.
Send mail for the `AFRO-NETS' conference to `firstname.lastname@example.org'.
Mail administrative requests to `email@example.com'.
For additional assistance, send mail to: `firstname.lastname@example.org'.