AFRO-NETS> Privatisation of Tropical Medicine/Intern. Health Consultancy Work

Privatisation of Tropical Medicine/Intern. Health Consultancy Work

I'm giving a presentation at the Liverpool conference on the above
subject. Experiences (both negative and positive) from the AFRO-NETS
community is very welcome, more specifically:

* examples of how Institutes and Universities are organising them-
  selves to profit from the consultancy market, and the effect it has
  on their other / scientific work;
* examples of collaboration between public sector institutes and pri-
  vate enterprises to win consultancy contracts;
* examples of the effect of privatisation on the quality of the con-
  sultancy work and on the health status in developing countries.

I think it best if mail is sent to me directly (lou@ihs.be), and I
promise to give AFRO-NETS a summary of the result. We can then have a
discussion on the basis of my conclusions and recommendations.

Lou Dierick
International Health Support
The EC Technical Assistance Network (TAN) on HIV/AIDS, Population and
Reproductive Health
mailto:lou@ihs.be