AFRO-NETS> RFI: Determinants of cesarean section in Africa and Asia

RFI: Determinants of cesarean section in Africa and Asia

To all,

I'm Kristien Roelens, a Belgian gynaecologist, working at the
International Centre for Reproductive Health, directed by
Prof. Marleen Temmerman in Ghent (Belgium).

We are working on the project: 'Determinants of Cesarean Section in
Africa and Asia'. Our goal is to examine determinants of cesarean
section and to formulate recommendations on the use of cesarean section
(CS) to improve mother-child health.

Could anyone give us some information about:

1. prevalence of CS rates in Africa and Asia
2. determinants of cs in Africa and Asia
3. relationship between cs rates and maternal and fetal
   morbidity/mortality in Africa and Asia

Thank you very much for your help.

--
Kristien Roelens
International Centre for Reproductive Health