Workshop on Good Clinical / Laboratory Practice
Applications are invited from African scientists in the employment
of African institutions / Ministries of Health who are interested
or likely to be involved in aspects of malaria vaccine trials.
Applicants should be middle level to senior investigators and must
possess at least a Masters (or equivalent) postgraduate degree.
Consideration will also be given to key members of ethical review
committees, members of safety and data monitoring boards, sponsors
of research involving human subjects, members of regulatory
bodies, and editors of biomedical journals.
The three to four day Workshop will be hosted by the Noguchi
Memorial Institute for Medical Research, Accra, Ghana during early
November, 1998; the date is yet to be fixed.
The contents of the Workshop will include :
- History, laws, regulations, definitions, bioresearch monitoring
groups, GCPs and their evolution, ethical issues.
- Clinical research process - where do GCPs interact.
- GCP including guidelines, sponsor, investigator and review board
- Review of preparation and content of protocol, informed consent,
case report forms, adverse event reporting, source document file
and vaccine accountability.
- Monitoring, their schedule, preparation and documentation.
- Clinical Trials, how to conduct them and document requirements.
Applicants wishing to be considered for participation in this
workshop should forward the following typewritten information the
address below by 1st September, 1998 :
1. Full name in capital letters, with family name underlined.
2. Date of birth and nationality.
3. Name, full address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail
address where the applicant is employed.
4. Listing of educational qualifications, including date, place
and degree(s) obtained.
5. Describe in not more than 15 lines the nature of your current
post, and any other posts you may have where you need this
6. Current research interest (not more than 10 lines).
7. A list of your scientific publications, especially those
relating to clinical/field trials.
8. Names and addresses of two referees (including their telephone,
fax and e-mail contacts).
Applicants will be notified of the outcome before end of September.
For information, contact the undersigned, or:
Thor G. Theander
Centre of Med. Parasitology
at University of Copenhagen
Panum Building 24.2
Professor W. L. Kilama
P. O. Box 33207
Dar es Salaam
Send mail for the `AFRO-NETS' conference to `firstname.lastname@example.org'.
Mail administrative requests to `email@example.com'.
For additional assistance, send mail to: `firstname.lastname@example.org'.