AFRO-NETS> RFI: Impact of male migration on women's work and health

RFI: Impact of male migration on women's work and health

Dear friends

I am  looking for references in the area of  "Male out migration and
its impact on womens work and health."  I am doing a research in the
Himalayan region of India, where there is largescale outmigration of
males, with serious consequences of the  families, particularly children,
elders and women left behind. There is an increase in female headed
households, having bearig on all aspects of women's lives. I am doing a
detailed study of 11 villages there. I was looking for references  in
this area, studies and experiences from Africa, Latin America and S-E
Asia. If someone is informed about it , please share it with me. I would
also appreciate sit addresses on the net  or addresses of researchers or
organisations I could contact in any part of the world.

Thank You.

--
Ramila Bisht
A Ph.d scholar