AFRO-NETS> Temephos (1)

Temephos (1)
------------

On Sat, 16 May 1998 Guy Williams wrote:

> Temephos
> --------
>
> I have read that Temephos is banned as a larvaecide in certain areas.
> I would like to know the problem as Temephos is widely used in
> Southern Africa.

I searched the internet (using the InfoSeek search engine) for sites
with references to Temephos and got 34 sites. I could not find any
reference to restriction on the use of Temephos.

One site has extensive information that you may find useful:
http://ace.ace.orst.edu/info/extoxnet/pips/ghindex.html

Another site:
http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~ohioline/b641/b641_20.html
ranks temphos as "slightly toxic".