AFRO-NETS> Welcome to the African Dissertation Workshop

Welcome to the African Dissertation Workshop

[Following is the welcome message to the 'African Dissertation Work-
shop'. If you are interested in this free 'virtual' workshop, register
as described below. DN Mod.]

--
Welcome to the African Dissertation Workshop. This initial message is
being sent to all registered participants, and also to others who have

To begin, go to the Workshop WWW home page at:

http://www.jhsph.edu/~distance/afdis/

and review the open section (not password protected) identified by the
hot link or button: "About the Course" (on the vertical button bar at
the left side of the page).

When you are one the page "About the Workshop", there will be a button
bar across the top with the headings "Syllabus", "Schedule", "Course
Tools" and "Faculty". Carefully read all of this material. Note espe-
cially in Course Tools the "Tutorials" for installing and using the
free software RealPlayer, and for accessing and using the Bulletin
Board System. Please go to the Tutorials and follow the instructions as
these two software tools are essential for participation in the Work-
shop. The lectures will be coming over the WWW as streaming audio files
with synchronised slides, and our interactions will be conducted asyn-
chronously with threaded discussions on the electronic bulletin board.
(Note: your computer setup must have a sound board for playing audio
files).

You will see that the actual lectures, the bulletin board and the news
flashes cannot be accessed without a logon and password. The password
will be e-mailed to all registered participants who contact me directly
(not by replying to this e-mail) at:

mailto:hmosley@jhsph.edu

African graduate students who have not registered yet, but are inter-
ested in participating can also contact me about the joining the Work-
shop.

PS: You can see the full offerings of the Johns Hopkins School of Pub-
lic Health Distance Education program at:
http://www.jhsph.edu/~distance/

Henry Mosley
Department of Population Dynamics
http://www.jhsph.edu/