AFRO-NETS> 20th African Health Sciences Congress (2)

Dieter Neuvians MD wrote:

> 20th African Health Sciences Congress
> -------------------------------------
>
> Congress Scientific Programme
>
> The theme for the Congress will be "Health Research and Development
> in Africa: Meeting the Challenges of the year 2000 and beyond". There
> will be State-of-the-Art lectures on the following:
>
> - Emerging and Re-emerging Diseases
> - HIV/AIDS/STD
> - Major Tropical Endemic Diseases
> - Urbanisation and Environmental Health
> - Nutrition/Micronutrient Deficiencies
> - Information Technology (IT) and Health Development
> - Plant/Natural Medicinal Products
> - Health Sector Reform

Dear Dieter,

I have read with interest the announcement of the 20th African Health
Sciences Congress of April 1999. My opinion is that within 5 years af-
ter Cairo and Beijing there should also be a key note lecture on repro-
ductive health, one of the most important health problems of women in
developing countries.

Best regards,

Marleen Temmerman
mailto:marleen.temmerman@rug.ac.be

[Dear Marleen, I fully agree with you and have forwarded your sugges-
tion to the organisers of the conference. DN Mod.]