Learn Tropical Medicine in the Tropics
The Gorgas Course in Clinical Tropical Medicine
February 1 - April 2, 1999
Annual 9 week Diploma course
Sponsored by the Gorgas Memorial Institute and given in Lima, Peru at the
Tropical Medicine Institute, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia this unique
tropical medicine training initiative combines an international faculty (North
America, Peru, Africa) with didactic and formal bedside teaching right in the
- 320 contact hours (in English)
- 160 formal lecture hours,
- plus diagnostic laboratory,
- daily ward rounds on a 36-bed tropical disease unit
- or daily out-patient clinic and case conferences,
- two 4-day teaching trips to field clinics in the Andes and Amazon,
- on-site Education Resource Facility with internet wired PC's,
- complete collection of reference texts,
- teaching slides,
- WHO/PAHO videos.
Targeted to physicians, nurses, public health professionals interested in
tropical medicine and emerging pathogens. Accredited by the American Society of
Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
Limited number of full scholarships available to those who are both nationals
and residents of developing world countries.
Scholarship application deadline October 15, 1998
For a full information package contact:
David O. Freedman, MD
The Gorgas Memorial Institute
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Birmingham, Alabama 35294 2170, USA
http://medinfo.dom.uab.edu/Gorgas/Course.html (URL is case sensitive)
Send mail for the `AFRO-NETS' conference to `email@example.com'.
Mail administrative requests to `firstname.lastname@example.org'.
For additional assistance, send mail to: `email@example.com'.