AFRO-NETS> Free "Virtual" Dissertation Workshop (2)

Free "Virtual" Dissertation Workshop (2)

Dear Sir,

I'm writing in response to your announcement of the free virtual dis-
sertation workshop. I'm really interested to participate in this pro-
gram. I'm a 27 year old female medical doctor from Ethiopia, currently
doing my postgraduate training in public health at the school of public
health here in Innsbruck, Austria. I've now completed the training in
Epidemiology. I'm now working on my project proposal which I'll be do-
ing once I go back home.

My study title is an assessment on the knowledge, attitude, practice
and beliefs of the Afar people (these are an ethnic tribe in Ethiopia
who are mainly pastoral nomads and living in one of the harshest parts
of the country) to the common health programmes and problems in the re-
gion. These are Tbc, malaria, vaccination programmes and women's
health. It will be a big project and will help in implementing health
promotion activities in the region. I think the course you are offering
will help me a lot in this aspect. I'll ask my professor to send you a
letter of recommendation either through e-mail or letter. Lastly, I do
have full access to an internet here at the college.

Thanks,
AIDA

Dr. Aida Bayou Alemu
Schuetzenstrasse 43/222