AFRO-NETS> Capacity Building (4)

Capacity Building (4)
---------------------

I strongly agree (after 14 years of UNU experience in advanced training in
various subjects of applied informatics) that Option 1 is the best, but
local/regional workshops in the South are very useful too. They help raise
locally general awareness beyond the circles of the trainees-participants.
They have also "multiplier effect" when participants return home and they
greatly help establishing "networks", electronic or traditional links
between former trainees. Recruiting instructors for the workshops from the
developing countries is of paramount importance: it is part of Capacity
building.

Ines Wesley Tanaskovic
UNU Informatics Programme Coordinator
Prof. Ines Wesley Tanaskovic