AFRO-NETS> Capacity Building (3)

Capacity Building (3)
---------------------

I do agree with you there are really many workshops and most have no
demonstrable results to show at the end of the day. Option No. 1 is the
best!

I don't think many workshops give posh allowances - most I have attended
don't actually give any but I think they should, given the economic
sacrifice most researchers have to make in developing countries. Apathy in
research in third world countries is because Research Does Not Pay -
politics at least does!

Dr. W. Macharia
Faculty of Medicine
Director, Clinical Epidemiology Unit