AFRO-NETS> Helpful Web Sites

Helpful Web Sites
-----------------

Hi everyone, I'm new to all of this and I just joined in.  I was interested
in the conversation dealing with electronic media and medical literature
resources.  I'm very new to the internet, so I thought I would just mention
a couple of sites that I have found to be very helpful when in need of
medical literature:
        http://www.critpath.org/aric/pwarg-08.htm  (AIDS/HIV Info)
        http://www5.medscape.com/default.html (medical database)
        http://www.mcs.com/~ablock/www/medweb.html  (medical database)

Also, if anyone else should have any information about good web sites, the
information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Buddy Bates
e-mail: buddyb@iwwn.com.na

[Recently a number of free MEDLINE sites have appeared on the net. Some
need one-time registration but all of them allow MEDLINE access free of
charge:

http://www.medscape.com (see above)
http://www.hon.ch (via medscape)
http://www.healthgate.com
http://healthy.net/library/search/edline.htm
http://www.nlightn.com

For those without real-time internet connection a MEDLINE search is also
possible via e-mail (not free of charge). An off-line search can be
prepared by ?GRATEFUL MED? software and the request is sent via e-mail
using BITNIS (Batch Internet National Library of Medicine Information
System). Mod.]